Here is our beautifully battered cod fillet recipe as requested by many of you.
- 2 Jack Hook Seafood cod fillets
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour for lightly dusting
- Oil for frying
- 250g all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 450ml sparkling mineral water
1) Defrost 2 cod fillets, wash and pat dry.
2) Season fish with salt and pepper to preference
3) Sieve 250g of all purpose flour into a bowl.
4) Add 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper
5) Add 1 teaspoon of onion powder
6) Add 1 teaspoon of paprika
7) Add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
8) Add 2 teaspoon of baking powder
9) Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt
10) Mix all of the dry ingredients
11) Thereafter, add sparkling mineral water (450ml) and mix thoroughly until you reach a pancake mix like consistency
12) Return to fish, lightly dust with all purpose flour. Ensure whole fish is covered without any excess flour. This will help with the battering of the fish
13) Pre-heat oil
14) Dip fish in batter, ensure it is fully covered
15) Deep fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown
Serve with chips and enjoy!